The Waiting List is now closed. If you want to be informed when it is next open please sign up to the website for news updates.
Opening the Waiting List is a topic for the AGM in March. The next vote will be March 2018. Please note there is no guarantee it will open in March 2018, but a report is tabled for voting. Please see below for information about the Waiting List:
- We keep our Waiting List reasonably short – between 50 and 100 people. The average time to be on the list is around 2.5 to 3 years.
- When the list reaches below 50, a motion is presented at the AGM in March of each year, to open the Waiting List. It is opened until the list reaches 100.
- Generally the list is opened every other year – however it does depend on allotment turnover rates for the preceding year.
- When the list is opened, we advertise, here on the website. We also put the application forms on the gates.
- To apply for a spot on the Waiting List, you need to collect an application form in person. These are posted on the Entrance gates of the Allotment. (Both Borland Road and Elland Road). Fill in the form and post it in the box located beside the gate.
- If you are on the Waiting List and change contact details – don’t forget to pop a note in the postbox – so our Lettings Officer can easily contact you.
- PLEASE NOTE: We do not send application acknowledgements. If you have popped your application form in the postbox as instructed, you will be added to the waiting list 🙂