AGM: Sunday 22nd April, 10:am start. The Green Community Centre. See other posts for details!
Working Bee – Saturday 21st April, 1:00pm start (just for a couple of hours or whatever you can spare). To help look after some of the communal areas. Tea and cake will be provided!
100th Anniversary Celebration Ideas Planning – We’d love to celebrate the Allotment’s 100th Anniversary with some fabulous events. Do you have any ideas? We are getting our heads together to discuss, mull and plan. 🙂 3:00pm at the Committee Rooms. Which may move to the Ivy House 🙂
MOWING ASSISTANCE NEEDED!
Our lovely Shop man, John Peake, is also responsible for mowing the larger paths on the allotment. He does this every few weeks during the main growing season. John now needs to step back from this duty for health reasons.
CAN ANYONE ELSE BE ABLE TO HELP?
Maybe a few people could be interested and we could put together a rota? Let’s share the Mowing Love!
If you would like to help, please email us: email@example.com
Please be informed the Annual General Meeting for the Stuart Road Allotment Society will be held:
Date: Sunday 22nd April 2018
Time: 10.00 am – 12.30pm
Address: The Green Community Centre, 5 Nunhead Green, Nunhead, London SE15 3QQ (next to the Nun’s Head Pub)
Newsletters are being sent shortly which will have more information on the meeting.
Just an update on all things Allotment:
- AGM is still delayed. We are expecting a date to be announced very soon. Watch this space.
- Due to a tree starting to bring down a brick fence, we have been instructed by our landlords (Thames Water) to repair this fence as a matter of urgency. You will see some contractors on site, as they deal with this. The repair work should take a couple of weeks to complete. The fence and tree are a bit tricky to access, so please also note it could get a bit mucky as they dig around.
- The Committee are organising some WORKING BEES . You may have noticed that some of our communal areas need a bit of TLC. The Working Bees are timetabled for 2 hours per month, so they should be fun, and not onerous. Please see notice boards for dates and times. We will also be rewarding people with cake. 🙂
- Happy Easter!
A reminder that the AGM is postponed until April. When a venue has been arranged the date of the AGM will be posted ASAP.
GROWING SEASON IS UPON US!
As the weather starts to warm, and people are returning to the allotments, a few small items:
- Children are to be supervised at all times, and are expected to remain with their parent’s whilst in the allotments.
- Please do not enter into someone else’s plot without the express permission from the plotholder.
- Please sow extra plants now to donate to the Nunhead Cemetery Open Day.
The Stuart Road Allotment Society AGM is being postponed until April.
This is primarily due to venue issues.
As soon as a date has been secured we will send through notification. Notices will be posted on the gates, the Shop, this website and the Newsletter will also have information about the Date, Time and Venue.
A reminder that your Rent is Due by the end of the month.
The rent is being collected in the COMMITTEE ROOM between 10am and 12 noon this Sunday, 24th September.
As the Shop is not open until 1pm, please proceed to the COMMITTEE ROOM DOOR, located around the corner – on the Elland Road side of the building.
Don’t forget your rent book!
POST BBQ NOTE:
One of our members is missing a glass bowl – it was on the long table and contained a delicious apple and rhubarb crumble. The glass dish does have sentimental value – so we are seeking its safe return.
A white ceramic dish with the remains of an equally delicious crumble was left behind.
If you are missing your white crumble dish, or have found a new glass dish with crumble remains – please do email us.