We have had contact from the St Mary’s Frobisher Gardening Group – they are looking for people to help with their community garden:
St Mary’s Frobisher Gardening Group
The St Mary’s Frobisher Gardening Group have permission for a community gardening group to develop the 5 grow boxes at the back of the park, as well as some surrounding beds.
If you are interested in being involved, please join their facebook page:
St Mary’s Frobisher Gardening Group
Please be aware that the Allotments do NOT HAVE a communal compost heap.
If you have been adding your weeds to a large heap behind the polytunnel – please stop immediately! We are not sure where this rumour came from, but we’ve never had a communal compost area.
Composts are welcomed and encouraged- however they are the responsibility for each plot holder to maintain on their own plot. Alternatively you need to take all your rubbish home, as per the Rules on the Society.
Please be aware that all the Waiting List places have now been filled, and the Waiting List is closed.
The Waiting List is typically around 100 people. We will re-open when it drops to 50-60.
If you want to be informed of the next opening of the list (which is every year to two years), please subscribe to this blog site for updates.
The Waiting List for the Stuart Road Allotments will be opened for applications on SATURDAY 28TH APRIL at 9am.
Application forms will be available at both Borland and Elland Road Gates.
We have 30 spaces to fill on the list, and then will close the list for at least another year.
- Collect an application form in person.
- Fill out the application form
- Put the completed application form in one of the postboxes at the Allotment gates.
- We do not send out application forms via email.
- We do not acknowledge receipt of applications. If it has been posted into the box, then we will have received it, and you will be added to the list.
AGM: Sunday 22nd April, 10:am start. The Green Community Centre. See other posts for details!
Working Bee – Saturday 21st April, 1:00pm start (just for a couple of hours or whatever you can spare). To help look after some of the communal areas. Tea and cake will be provided!
100th Anniversary Celebration Ideas Planning – We’d love to celebrate the Allotment’s 100th Anniversary with some fabulous events. Do you have any ideas? We are getting our heads together to discuss, mull and plan. 🙂 3:00pm at the Committee Rooms. Which may move to the Ivy House 🙂
MOWING ASSISTANCE NEEDED!
Our lovely Shop man, John Peake, is also responsible for mowing the larger paths on the allotment. He does this every few weeks during the main growing season. John now needs to step back from this duty for health reasons.
CAN ANYONE ELSE BE ABLE TO HELP?
Maybe a few people could be interested and we could put together a rota? Let’s share the Mowing Love!
If you would like to help, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be informed the Annual General Meeting for the Stuart Road Allotment Society will be held:
Date: Sunday 22nd April 2018
Time: 10.00 am – 12.30pm
Address: The Green Community Centre, 5 Nunhead Green, Nunhead, London SE15 3QQ (next to the Nun’s Head Pub)
Newsletters are being sent shortly which will have more information on the meeting.
Just an update on all things Allotment:
- AGM is still delayed. We are expecting a date to be announced very soon. Watch this space.
- Due to a tree starting to bring down a brick fence, we have been instructed by our landlords (Thames Water) to repair this fence as a matter of urgency. You will see some contractors on site, as they deal with this. The repair work should take a couple of weeks to complete. The fence and tree are a bit tricky to access, so please also note it could get a bit mucky as they dig around.
- The Committee are organising some WORKING BEES . You may have noticed that some of our communal areas need a bit of TLC. The Working Bees are timetabled for 2 hours per month, so they should be fun, and not onerous. Please see notice boards for dates and times. We will also be rewarding people with cake. 🙂
- Happy Easter!